[Catalist] Average emf induced in a coil formulae

Elizabeth Kirby Elizabeth.Kirby at ststephens.wa.edu.au
Sun Sep 18 00:14:49 AEST 2016

Thank you for this response, Peter. Most people have responded similarly. What I do find disconcerting is that the worked solutions for the new STAWA book for the Problem Set on Induction, I think it's set 11, questions 18 to 21, uses Faraday's Law and the time for a quarter turn and according to the solutions, it is the max emf that has been calculated. Subsequent parts of the question asking for the RMS value then uses that emf and divides it by square root of 2. It just seems contradictory. Instead of the new book using the new formula when the frequency of the coil is given, it still shows the 'old' method.
Kind regards
Elizabeth

Sent from my iPhone