[Catalist] SLRC: Australian Teacher Stress and Wellbeing Survey

Roy Skinner rsskinner at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 20 11:17:17 AEST 2017

Hi Mike,

I think it also needs to be acknowledged that some subjects involve more work and thought than others, Science being one of them. This is difficult to quantify I know, but compare a subject where no marking of exams is required (e.g. PE) and physics, say. I know PE teachers have outside-school commitments but these are not mentally exhausting. Hence, it is more difficult to get physics teachers. I remember discussing this with the head of my school to be shrugged off. What I did was to outline all the tasks I needed to do over the year and the time allocations which I think came to over 80 hours a wweek.

Regards,

Roy Skinner (retired and loving it)