[Catalist] Prac Teacher Placements help again!

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Fri Apr 21 13:54:52 AEST 2017

Hi All,
Because of the large number of Graduate Diploma Science students in 2017 prac placements for all universities has become more difficult.
I am again urging you to help. Below is a call from ECU. Last time the other Uni’s joined the request so I’m assuming the same again.

John

John Clarke
CEO
STAWA

Subject: ECU help again!

Hi John

I hope all is well

As you will be aware we have very large (in excess of 100) Graduate Diploma Science students in 2017. It is the case that for the duration of this year ( and who knows beyond) we will have problems placing these students for Professional Practice. The DoE and all other employers are still telling us they are needed in school and so we will take them.

But the issue of prac placements remains. I wonder if you could help again by circulating a email to your members. The previous correspondence was extremely helpful and we would appreciate calling on you again.

The ‘prac’ period we are having problems with this time is May 22nd to June 16th

Schools that can offer places can contact Sally at placementseducation at ecu.edu.au<mailto:placementseducation at ecu.edu.au>, Carli at c.sanbrook at ecu.edu.au<mailto:c.sanbrook at ecu.edu.au>, or Andy at Andrew.jones at ecu.edu.au<mailto:Andrew.jones at ecu.edu.au>

Again we would really appreciate you help.

Regards Andy

Dr Andy Jones

Associate Dean – Secondary Education

School of Education

Edith Cowan University

Joondalup

Joondalup Campus room 8.403

Mount Lawley Campus room 17.120

Tel: (08) 6304 5285

Email: Andrew.jones at ecu.edu.au

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B
RTO PROVIDER 4756
'