[Catalist] Volunteers needed for Perth Science Festival!

Nardia BORDAS n.bordas at ecu.edu.au
Mon Jul 24 23:04:33 AEST 2017

Dear Catalist Members,
Perth Science Festival is a huge, busy, fun-filled event in the Perth Cultural Centre over the first weekend of National Science Week in August.  If you or anyone you know would like to volunteer at PSF, check out the attached position advertisement and contact Taylor Bartels at Scitech (not me).

I can send you the ad attachment and social media graphic upon request, but the basics are:
Science background not essential but must be enthusiastic.
Tasks may include assisting with stage management, set up, pack down or stallholder science activities, ushering and talking to the public, collecting evaluation data, etc.
Submit resume and especially availabilities to scienceweek at scitech.org.au<mailto:scienceweek at scitech.org.au> by Sunday July 30.
The ad doesn't mention a minimum age limit so school students might be eligible - please check with Taylor if unsure.

ECU will have a big stall there this year, hope to see you there!
Regards,
Nardia Bordas
Laboratory Technician, Promotions Officer | School of Science, Edith Cowan University | Room JO19.242, 270 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup WA 6027 | T +61 8 6304 5116 | n.bordas at ecu.edu.au<mailto:n.bordas at ecu.edu.au>  | School website: http://www.ecu.edu.au/schools/science/overview
My job is not desk-based so e-mail replies will not be immediate

Subject: Volunteers needed for Perth Science Festival!

Hi everyone,

We are doing our final call-out for volunteers for Perth Science Festival and need your help!

We are seeking event volunteers for the following shifts;

Saturday 12th
7am-12pm
12pm-5pm

Sunday 13th
8am-1pm
1pm-6pm

All volunteers will receive a Perth Science festival T-shirt to keep.

Those interested can get in touch with us at scienceweek at scitech.org.au<mailto:scienceweek at scitech.org.au> or call me on 9215 0702.

I have attached our social media graphic, and a Volunteer Info PDF.

Any help through your social channels or student groups etc would be hugely appreciated.

Warm regards,

Taylor Bartels
Event Coordinator
D +61 8 9215 0702   scitech.org.au<http://www.scitech.org.au>

[http://www.scitech.org.au/_images/scitech_logo.jpg]<http://www.scitech.org.au/>

[http://www.scitech.org.au/_images/twitter_logo.jpg]<http://www.twitter.com/ScitechWA>  [http://www.scitech.org.au/_images/fb_logo.jpg] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scitech/82423139654>   [http://www.scitech.org.au/_images/insta_logo.jpg] <http://instagram.com/ScitechWA>   [http://www.scitech.org.au/_images/youtube_logo.jpg] <http://www.youtube.com/ScitechWA>

<http://www.scitech.org.au/>

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B
RTO PROVIDER 4756