[Catalist] Help with prac placements needed

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Wed Mar 1 15:04:10 AEDT 2017

Hi All,
Below is a request from ECU to help provide teaching prac opportunities for their larger than normal intake of Dip Ed students.

Please pass it on to colleagues who could also help.

Dear STAWA Member

ECU (as well as many other universities) is enjoying significantly increased numbers in the Graduate Diploma of Education (GDE) programme, most notably in Science.

Accordingly we are coming to you to help with a prac placement (or preferably a few).

The first priority is a one week observational ‘prac’ that students experience the week beginning 20th of March. As we have such large numbers we are now considering staggering this over two weeks, so if the 20th is not suitable, then the following week (beginning 27th) would be fine.

Students will simply come to the school for observation. They can: assist; be a spare pair of hands; help individual and groups etc.

Note that they are just starting their GDE journey, so they are not ‘polished’, but they could be a real asset for the week. Of course if you’d like them to come back later for their extended ‘prac’ in late May, then that can be arranged.

Our protocol with your school is to manage placements through your school based ‘prac’ coordinator (or like). If you can help please let us know, and then mention it to your internal coordinators who can respond to us formally through Sally at placementseducation at ecu.edu.au<mailto:placementseducation at ecu.edu.au>.

Please feel free to also contact me direct, as below.

Many thanks for your help

Regards Andy

Ps. please feel free to forward this to colleagues and others in the Science and STAWA community

Dr Andy Jones
Associate Dean – Secondary Education
School of Education
Edith Cowan University