[Catalist] Learning Futures Network Seminar - Sustainability and the Pathways to the Future

Learning Futures Network learningfuturesnetwork at curtin.edu.au
Fri Oct 27 13:22:53 AEDT 2017

APOLOGIES FOR ANY DUPLICATED POSTS
PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR STAFF AND NETWORKS

LEARNING FUTURES NETWORK - WIDE-EYED WEDNESDAYS
Education, Sustainability and the Pathways to the Future
Learning Futures Network<http://learningfuturesnetwork.org/>
Wednesday, 1 November 2017 from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm

[cid:image001.png at 01D34F09.9F3A1480]

TOPIC:  Education, Sustainability and the Pathways to the Future

Our panel will discuss the links between sustainability and education.
Looking at practical strategies, experiences and available resources.

Wide-eyed Wednesdays are informal, conversational events to help build knowledge around educational issues
and to foster greater collaboration and networking between all sectors
of education, industry, community, cultural and public sector organisations.

Guests are invited to bring their own stories and insights.
We want attendees to bring their own resourcefulness, innovation and creativity as well the big and small ideas they’re facing they look to the future.

PANEL

[cid:14690A11-C604-4502-8572-90D8E4859B41]

[cid:47414A64-4643-4AE4-8F71-B82468505D76]

Rees Barrett
United Nations Association
of Australia (WA)

Dr Caroline Marsh
One World Centre

Dr Elaine Lewis
Coolbinia Primary School

BOOK YOUR FREE TICKETS NOW AT EVENTBRITE:
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/learning-futures-network-wide-eyed-wednesdays-education-sustainability-and-the-pathways-to-the-tickets-38718343608

Other Learning Futures Network events can be found here:  https://www.eventbrite.com.au/o/learning-futures-network-8194237939

ABOUT OUR PANEL

Dr Caroline Marsh is the Education Coordinator at the One World Centre. Caroline is a passionate educator with more than a decade’s experience lecturing in the Humanities at The University of Western Australia. Her current focus is on empowering teachers and learners to build global competencies through transformative education, including Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and Education for Global Citizenship (EdGC). Caroline believes in local action for global change: everyone can make choices and take actions in their everyday lives which have global impact and through which, together, we can transform our world and create a better future for all.

Rees Barrett is currently School Programs Coordinator for UNAAWA, Rees has 45 years' experience in education including secondary teaching in the Humanities and Social Sciences area, administration, curriculum, school assessment and review.  His curriculum experience includes K to 10 Social Studies syllabus (1980s), National Curriculum (1990s), Curriculum Framework and VET in Schools (2000s). Rees has published textbooks in Australian geography and a primary library series Significant People in Australia's History (2009). Since retiring from full-time work, Rees had led development of UNAA Global Citizenship Schools and related programs.

Dr Elaine Lewis is the Cross Curriculum Leader at an independent public school, Perth, Western Australia.  She has worked as a teacher, across K-7, for many years.  Her research interests focus on Education for Sustainability (EfS), with particular interest in the Sustainable Schools WA initiative.  Elaine completed her doctoral research in this area, conducting a longitudinal study of the impact of EfS at a primary school.  Elaine has been presented with numerous teaching awards at state and national levels.  She serves on the various EfS committees and in these roles is involved in many school and community-based EfS initiatives.

Cheers

Kim Flintoff
Pronoun: it, it, its
BA, Grad Dip Ed, M.Ed, MACE, MACEL
(AUC, AARE, AAEEBL, HETL, ISOC, AoIR, ISSOTL, ISTE, WAIER, PIE, HEVGA, ECAWA, IFORE)
Learning Futures Advisor      | Curtin Learning and Teaching
Manager, Innovation Studio     | Office of the DVC, Academic
Academic Coordinator, ACES (Achievement Centred Engagement for Students)
National Coordinator, UNEP-DHI Eco Challenge Australia
Joint Academic Lead, Education Theme | Curtin Institute for Computation
Coordinator, Learning Futures Network

Committee Member | Give to Change (Curtin Staff Giving)
Committee Member | LGBTIQ Advisory Group
Committee Member | Hazardous Materials Governance Committee
Safety and Health Representative | CLT B105
Member | Curtin Learning and Teaching Communications Group

Member, AU Technology Outlook Panel of Experts | NMC Horizon Project 2016
Sustainable Development Chair | Global Collaboration PLN | International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
Advisory Board Member | Future-U

Office |105 Level 1
Tel | +61 8 9266 2194 (VMB only – email preferred)

Email | k.flintoff at curtin.edu.au<applewebdata://C13CAD3F-19C9-4975-BA55-F6C4FEA0B4CD/k.flintoff@curtin.edu.au>
Web | http://curtin.academia.edu/Flintoff

[ignature_1069759450]
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J
[cid:70BFEE1F-09BA-48F8-A36E-3F7B99566514] [cid:1E4A5BFA-61BC-46AE-ACF9-E6C11A1BEB86]  [cid:D34048B9-4B96-4A2F-B6D6-1ABF8376808B]
I acknowledge the Nyungar Wadjuk people as the traditional owners of country on which Curtin’s Bentley campus sits.
I wish to acknowledge their continuing connection to land, sea and community and I pay my respects to them and their culture; and to elders, past present and future.
--