[Catalist] 2018 Australian Meteorological & Oceanographic Society National Art Competition

AMOS Education & Outreach education at amos.org.au
Fri Mar 23 13:23:59 AEDT 2018

Dear Friends,

We¹d like to draw your attention to our national art competition, allowing
school students to artistically represent an imaginative world. Please
consider distributing this notice to your colleagues, family, friends,
staff, members who know students between Preschool and Grade 9 with
interests in the sciences and/or arts.

Today marks the 68th anniversary of the establishment of the Convention of
the World Meteorological Organization
<https://www.wmo.int/pages/index_en.html> . Celebrated around the world by
WMO member countries, World Meteorological Day also highlights the
contribution that National Meteorological and Hydrological Services make to
the safety and well-being of society.

To mark the occasion, the Australian Meteorological & Oceanographic Society
(AMOS) is launching its 11th annual Art Competition!

The 2018 AMOS Art Competition for Australian school aged students (Preschool
to Grade 9) starts on World Meteorological Day, 23 March, and entry
submission closes on World Oceans Day <http://www.worldoceansday.org/> ,
June 8th. This year, AMOS is on the lookout for creations imagining a
weather-powered world. Enter and you can win some awesome prizes for
yourself, and your school. We will also feature winning entries on the AMOS
website, social media and our publications.

Send us a photograph of your drawing or painting at https://amosart.org.au/
.

The competition website has further details and a downloadable flyer (also
attached here).

Entries are judged on creativity, originality, and interpretation of the
theme. Good luck!

>From the enthusiastic AMOS Education & Outreach
<https://www.amos.org.au/Main/Education/Main/Education_and_Outreach/Front.as
px?hkey=0f274b2d-b6b9-46b8-b068-6907674d8966>  Committee