[Catalist] Science Documentary - Secrets at Sunrise

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Tue Apr 16 12:57:44 AEST 2019

Found me.
We can communicate off Catalist and I will get back to the list with outcomes.

Regards,
John

John Clarke
CEO
STAWA
Unit 6/1270-1274 Albany Highway
Cannington WA 6107
PO Box 7310 Karawara WA 6152
P (08) 9244 1987 | F (08) 9244 2601 | web:  http://www.stawa.net<http://www.stawa.net/> | mail: john at stawa.net

From: Catalist <catalist-bounces at lists.stawa.net> on behalf of Jennene Riggs <riggsnparis at westnet.com.au>
Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2019 at 10:51 am
To: "catalist at lists.stawa.net" <catalist at lists.stawa.net>, "hello at stawa.net" <hello at stawa.net>
Cc: Liz Tanner <liztanner1 at gmail.com>, Friends of the Western Ground Parrot <wgparrot at gmail.com>
Subject: [Catalist] Science Documentary - Secrets at Sunrise

Hello,

I’m trying to reach out to John Clarke, CEO of STAWA regarding a documentary I’ve produced called Secrets at Sunrise which tells the remarkable story of a team of scientists and volunteers who are desperately trying to save Western Australia’s rarest bird - the Western Ground Parrot - from extinction.

This film has screened at several high profile film festivals internationally, as well as the WA Threatened Species Forum; the South Coast Festival of Birds; Australasian Bird Fair in Sydney; and the Vancouver International Bird Festival to thoroughly engaged and affected audiences, and we're now looking to have it distributed into education facilities.

Together with registered charity group, the Friends of the Western Ground Parrot, I made the film to help raise awareness of the plight of this beautiful bird and the fascinating science that is being conducted both ‘in the field’ and at Perth Zoo where a captive breeding program is being established.

It would be an amazing resource for teachers of science, particularly in Australia as we struggle to meet the challenges of saving our native species and biodiversity amidst the mounting threats to the environment.

If you could please give me contact details for the person within STAWA I need to talk to, I’d be most appreciative.

Best regards,
Jennene

Jennene Riggs

Documentary Producer / Director