[Catalist] FW: meriSTEM senior physics free resource

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Mon Aug 5 11:33:40 AEST 2019

Hi All,
Below is information regarding new, free resources from ANU. Many of you would know Jay Ridgewell when she was coordinating Fireballs in the Sky at Curtin. Jay is now based at ANU in Canberra and coordinating a national senior secondary teaching resources program called meriSTEM (modular educational resources in STEM).

meriSTEM complete Senior Physics resources for flipping, AC-aligned,free

meriSTEM leverages the understandings of scientists from the Australian National University to provide teachers with pre-made flipped classroom resources for senior secondary STEM subjects. At the moment we offer senior physics and other core science subjects are in the pipeline.

meriSTEM teachers customise their own online course from our master using the Open edX platform to provide quick, high-content videos and questions as student homework. We also have a databank of in-class activities, deep problems and labs to help teachers facilitate rich teacher-student and student-student interaction. The program is free and we'd love for WA teachers to help shape its further development.

Interested teachers can visit meristem.anu.edu.au<http://meristem.anu.edu.au> to learn a bit more about the program and register to view the online platform at meristemresources.anu.edu.au<http://meristeresources.anu.edu.au>, enrolling in the master course: meriSTEM Senior Physics 2019.

To customise a course or for any questions, email us at contact.meristem at anu.edu.au. We're also keen to hear from teachers who have experience in classroom flipping in senior science subjects.

Jay Ridgewell
meriSTEM Project Coordinator
Jay.Ridgewell at anu.edu.au

meriSTEM : modular educational resources in STEM
http://meristem.anu.edu.au/

(02) 6125 7011
Physics Education Centre
Physics Building 38a