[Catalist] Integrated Science General Syllabus Survey

Greg Munyard gmunyard at kennedy.wa.edu.au
Thu Jul 25 18:32:07 AEST 2019

Good afternoon Catalistians.

I am currently filling the role of Chair of the Integrated Science CAC at SCSA. Amongst our efforts has been an initial appraisal of the current Year 11 & 12 Integrated Science General syllabuses, to the end that all members feel that there is a great need for change in these syllabuses. Following the work that we completed last month, a report was delivered by Julie Weber, Principal Consultant Curriculum and Assessment at SCSA to the Authority's July board meeting. Discussion of the report and our findings at that meeting have resulted in the Authority's desire to seek further feedback on the syllabuses from all stakeholders. Next week, schools can expect to receive a communication from the Authority to this end, providing an invitation for stakeholders and instructions to complete the survey. It is our desire to gain as much feedback as possible to inform the decision-making process, and so I am writing to provide some pre-emptive encouragement for Integrated Science teachers, Heads of Science Learning Areas and other interested and involved parties to watch out for the Authority's communique and then provide well-formed feedback in the survey. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any comments to add.

Thanks in anticipation.

Kind regards

Greg Munyard
Integrated Science Curriculum Advisory Committee Chair

Senior Teacher - Science

[https://www.kennedy.wa.edu.au/emailfooter]<https://www.kennedy.wa.edu.au/>