[Catalist] FREE help for teachers from ICRAR

Cass Rowles cassandra.rowles at uwa.edu.au
Fri Apr 17 14:06:11 AEST 2020

Hi all,

ICRAR is the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research, and we have a team of teachers and science communicators ready to help you (even as we learn more about the online world ourselves). This is a shorter reminder email that we have a few regular things on offer for teachers if you’re after some support.

  1.  Tuesdays 4-5pm you can complete SPIRIT 101 and learn how to get your Y9/10 class involved with our fully online robotic telescopes (register here https://uwa.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5Alfuqupjgs9mU_ppSH9F8znSWgT8ypFg)

  1.  Wednesdays 4-430 you can learn about AstroQuest and how you can use this citizen science project in your virtual classes (register here https://uwa.zoom.us/meeting/register/v5ElcO6sqjotE4o53Qm-Iqo3MYCdM-rrYw)

  1.  Thursdays 4-430pm you can Ask an Astrophysicist your space science/universe questions if you might be struggling with concepts you still need to teach. Open to all teachers of all year levels. (Register here: https://uwa.zoom.us/meeting/register/uZcodOutrzotdp5k2WRkGug5EDplPqWJFQ)

Links of interest:

  *   SPIRIT program http://spirit.icrar.org/
  *   AstroQuest teacher resources https://astroquest.net.au/teachers/
  *   ICRAR’s weekly astronomy lecture, Wednesdays 730pm AWST https://www.youtube.com/icrar
  *   Cosmos Computing https://www.icrar.org/outreach-education/resources/cosmos-computing/
  *   About us https://www.icrar.org/outreach-education/

Cheers,
Cass Rowles
Cosmic Communicator
Acting Online Coordinator
T +61 8 6488 7768 • E cass.rowles at icrar.org<mailto:cass.rowles at icrar.org>
A M468, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley WA 6009
I work 9-5 Tuesday to Friday. She/her.
[The International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research]<https://www.icrar.org/>
ICRAR: Discovering the hidden Universe through radio astronomy
[ICRAR on Twitter]<https://twitter.com/ICRAR>[ICRAR on Instagram]<https://www.instagram.com/icrargram/>[ICRAR on Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/ICRAR/>[ICRAR on Vimeo]<https://vimeo.com/icrar>[ICRAR on Youtube]<https://youtube.com/icrar>[Subscribe to our mailing list]<https://www.icrar.org/#subscribe>