[Catalist] Bayliss

Leon Harris leon at quoll.com
Thu Dec 10 11:59:56 AEDT 2020

Greetings to all on Catalist.

I am posting this on behalf of Ben Fletcher, of RACI fame. Next years
Bayliss lecture has been announced. Although we don't usually post
attachments on Catalist, I have included the flyer in this one, as the
lecture is such an important component of chemistry extracurricular
activities and has very wide interest. Cheers, Leon.

The Bayliss youth lecture is a free lecture for high school students
that the RACI WA Branch has been presenting for over fifty years. The
2021 speaker is Prof Gretchen Benedix

ARC Future Fellow, School of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Curtin
University.  The title of her presentation is *Life in the Universe:
Astrobiology and Water in Space*

Gretchen is keen to get out to as many students as possible including
regional areas. If you think you have a good school venue or would like
to attend one of our university or Zoom based lectures please check out
the attachment for further information and contact details.

ps: while ignorance is bliss, Bayliss is not ignorance !

</obligatory  groan>