[Catalist] Telethon Kids Institute

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Mon Dec 5 19:03:24 AEDT 2022

Hi All,
Telethon Kids Institute 2023 excursions and incursions info to aid your planning for next year.

Extract from Caitlins email:

Bookings are now open for 2023 for excursions and incursions at the Telethon Kids Institute.

Bring your students to the Telethon Kids Institute in 2023 and see what a science lab looks like, meet some real-life scientists, and learn about the importance of health and medical research!

Telethon Kids Institute Schools Programs aim to get students excited about science and medical research.

Excursions

Telethon Kids Excursions run for two hours and take place in our head office based at Perth Children’s Hospital. They include a hands-on workshop, tour of our labs and exclusive time in our Discovery Centre.

Cost = $7 per student + GST

Topics: Year 3-4 Get a Lung of This

Year 3-6 How Sweet It Is (diabetes and sugar)

Years 5-6 Delicious DNA or Microscopic World

Incursions

New for 2023, we are now offering hands-on workshops as school incursions. Taking place at your school, these will include a workshop run by a real-life Telethon Kids scientist with topics related to health and medical research.

We can visit up to 2 classes per incursion.

Cost = $5 per student + GST

Topics: Year 1-2 Poo and You

Year 3-4 Get a Lung of This

Years 3-6 Germs or How Sweet It Is (diabetes and sugar)

Special Term 3 incursion to celebrate National Science Week – Meet a researcher

Invite a health and medical researcher into your classroom this National Science Week and learn about what a career in science looks like. These presentations include a fun hands-on activity with your students.

We can visit up to two classes per incursion.

Cost = $120 flat rate + GST

We have scholarships available for schools with an ICSEA score below 1000 for all programs.

Limited spaces are available

To find out more or make a book head to our website or email schools at telethonkids.org.au<mailto:schools at telethonkids.org.au>

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Warm Regards

Caitlin Sweeney

Caitlin Sweeney |Education & Outreach Coordinator

ph +08 6319 1646

Caitlin.Sweeney at telethonkids.org.au<mailto:Caitlin.Sweeney at telethonkids.org.au>

John Clarke

CEO