[Catalist] FW: Shape your Future series - STEM career journeys with Australia’s brightest minds.

John Clarke john at stawa.net
Fri Jan 28 16:23:55 AEDT 2022

Hi All,
Another great opportunity to share with you.

John Clarke
CEO
STAWA

Email from Camelle Thomson —  Acting Director,  STELR, ATSE Schools Program. Australian Academy of Technology & Engineering.Hi,
We are currently advertising our upcoming virtual series, Shape your Future, and hope you will be able to distribute the information to your members.
I have attached a tile you can use if needed and below is a short blurb about the series, with links to more information.

Ever wondered what inspires someone to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM)?
The Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering<https://www.atse.org.au/> and its STELR<https://stelr.org.au/> program is beaming young high achievers in applied science, technology and engineering directly into Australian secondary school classrooms to share their experiences!

The Shape Your Future series gives students from Years 7-12 a live and interactive opportunity to explore some of the many potential STEM careers.

The STELR team have curated a free weekly program featuring diverse young STEM professionals who are doing ground-breaking work in their fields. The Shape Your Future series makes STEM careers real and accessible, no matter where your students’ interests and capabilities lie.

Each week of the school term across eight sessions, our series speakers will discuss their work, the twists and turns of their career journey, and some of the many possible careers and choices available for students who may be considering pursuing a career in STEM. The Shape Your Future series is about both the journey and the destination!

For classrooms: This exciting new series gives all students in Years 7-12 and their teachers the opportunity to meet role-model Australian scientists and engineers
For students: The chance to learn from inspiring STEM professionals and an open forum to ask them anything through moderated Q&A sessions.
For teachers: Each of the eight sessions also comes with a worksheet to help to deepen the student’s understanding of the speaker’s work and area of expertise.

Teachers, register<https://www.atse.org.au/shape-your-future> now – you're welcome to sign up for one session or all eight! You can register as a group or as an individual.

Once registered, we also welcome your questions before the event: please send them to stelr.admin at atse.org.au,<mailto:stelr.admin at atse.org.au> or submit questions live through the webcast platform during the event.

The Shape Your Future series is made possible by our Foundation Supporter, the Victorian Challenge and Enrichment Series.

The series is curated by STELR

Thanks,
Camille Thomson —  Acting Director,  STELR, ATSE Schools Program
Australian Academy of Technology & Engineering
PO Box 4776 Kingston ACT 2604
M  0413 694 641       T  02 6185 3265       E camille.thomson at atse.org.au<mailto:camille.thomson at atse.org.au>
stelr.org.au<http://stelr.org.au>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8144A.4C6D8150]
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we meet and work, the Ngunnawal people
and pay respect to their Elders, past and present.
This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information, which also
may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete.