[Catalist] Release of consultation draft of new ATAR Agricultural Science syllabus

Allan Knight Allan.Knight at scsa.wa.edu.au
Wed May 11 10:56:47 AEST 2022

Hello Science Teachers,

The School Curriculum and Standards Authority has developed a new ATAR Agricultural Science course for teaching from 2024.

The public consultation drafts of these new Years 11 and 12 syllabuses are available on the course pages for Animal Production Systems (https://senior-secondary.scsa.wa.edu.au/syllabus-and-support-materials/science/animal-production-systems) or Plant Production Systems (https://senior-secondary.scsa.wa.edu.au/syllabus-and-support-materials/science/plant-production-systems).

The Authority would value feedback from science teachers including those who do not teach the current agricultural courses (Animal Production Systems and Plant Production Systems) and a link to an online survey for teachers to provide feedback is also available on the same pages as above. Teachers are encouraged to provide feedback using the survey.

As well, online teacher information sessions about these new syllabuses are scheduled for Monday, 16 May and Thursday, 19 May from 4.00-6.00pm. You can register to attend this event on the Events page of the SCSA website (https://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/events/syllabus-review-information-sessions).

You are welcome to share this information with colleagues whom you think may be interested in providing feedback on this new course.

Regards,
Allan

Allan Knight
Principal Consultant
Curriculum and Assessment
Curriculum, Assessment and Strategic Policy
School Curriculum and Standards
Department of Education
Street address: 303 Sevenoaks St Cannington WA 6107 | Postal address: PO Box 816 Cannington WA 6987
* (08) 9273 6792  |  * Allan.Knight at scsa.wa.edu.au  |  Website: www.scsa.wa.edu.au<http://www.scsa.wa.edu.au>

[SCSA_logo_purple]                  [WW4WA_Sunshine-naidoc]
Kaya. I acknowledge the School Curriculum and Standards Authority is on Whadjuk Noongar boodjar and that we deliver
our services on the country of many traditional custodians and language groups throughout Western Australia. I acknowledge
the traditional custodians and their continuing connection to land, waters and community, and I offer my respect to Elders past and present.

Disclaimer:  The contents of this email and any attachments may be private and confidential and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure in the public interest.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email please notify
the sender, delete the email and attachments from your system and destroy any copies you have taken of the email and
attachments.  Before taking any action based upon advice and/or information contained in this email, you should carefully
consider the advice and information and consider obtaining relevant independent advice.