[Catalist] Free phasmids from Joondalup area

Nardia BORDAS n.bordas at ecu.edu.au
Mon May 8 11:52:40 AEST 2023

Apologies if you receive this twice, not sure if it went through the first time.
Dear Catalist Members,
Once again I have surplus phasmids (stick insects) available to give away.  They are Extatosoma tiaratum, also known as spiny leaf insects, Macleay's spectres or walking sticks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extatosoma_tiaratum
I have a mix of adult females, mid-sized females and possible some adult males (not guaranteed).  They are overcrowded so I'll have to resort to 'the big freeze' if I can't give away enough of them soon.
If you'd like some, please call or preferably text me on 0413084959 to arrange collection from me at ECU Joondalup on a weekday - this is the only option, sorry. Please don't email me as I have a large backlog and might miss your message! You'll need to bring a ventilated travel container with you e.g. an ice cream container covered in pantyhose or similar.
They're easy to look after, but I can supply a simple care guide at collection upon prior request.
Thanks,
Nardia Bordas
Laboratory Technician | School of Science, Edith Cowan University | 270 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup WA 6027 | AUSTRALIA | T + 61 8 6304 5116 | M +61 413084959 | n.bordas at ecu.edu.au<mailto:n.bordas at ecu.edu.au> | School website: www.ecu.edu.au/schools/science/overview<http://www.ecu.edu.au/schools/science/overview>
CRICOS IPC 00279B
Due to laboratory workload email replies will not be immediate
[cid:image001.png at 01D97044.72688600]

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS Provider No. 00279B
RTO Code 4756