[Catalist] Human Biology

FLETCHER Kevin [Mt Lawley Senior High School] Kevin.Fletcher at education.wa.edu.au
Thu Mar 5 11:03:30 AEDT 2020

Good morning ,

I am chasing some feedback. I am having a difference of opinion to the marking key of a heart dissection assessment.

The question is:

The heart is known as a double pump. Explain why it is known as a double pump.

The answer key resolves around the atriums contracting being one pump and the ventricles contracting being a second pump.

I see this is true but not the conventional answer to the question.

I feel the answer should be the traditional 1 pump to systemic circuit and 1 pump to the pulmonary circuit.

Or even except both answers?

The assessment is only accepting the first answer - which is why I am having the conflict.

Thoughts ............

Regards,

Kevin Fletcher
kevin.fletcher at education.wa.edu.au<mailto:kevin.fletcher at education.wa.edu.au>