[Catalist] Anyone going to CONSTAWA tomorrow want some daphnia culture?

Leon Harris leon at quoll.com
Tue Jul 13 19:19:05 AEST 2021

As a man of culture (Neisseria, /Treponema, /Chlamydia  ...), I have now
progressed to Daphnia !
These are good for abiotic factors in biology (Y9 Science Aspects 2, and
others, revisited in Y11) and also for simple toxicology experiments (as
they are so prone to die if faced with pollutants).

I have been co-culturing these with Euglena, and have a number of
subcultures to distribute to anyone who wants to keep a tank going.
Light, gentle airation (pipe, not stone - need big bubbles and low shear
forces) and a little yeast to keep the euglena going works well.

Give me a hoy tonight, and I'll sub some out and bring to CONSTAWA.

Biological Science
By illogical Science
Hmme, surely you must mean psychology !

(Ducks and seeks shelter).